Thursday, December 12, 2013

A Sad Day

Good morning!
I have a challenge up at Turtle Soup today. No, it's not a sketch, but it's the next best thing. It's a lift challenge!
I lifted a layout by my scrappy friend and fellow Wisconsinite, Danielle.
This was a very hard layout for me to do and I shed some tears while creating it. Our friend, Ron that passed away in September has this huge rock on his land that everyone paints for birthday, anniversaries, weddings, etc. Ron's nieces and nephews painted this rock the day before his funeral. After Ron's funeral, Greg, the kids and I stopped and took some pictures of the rock.
I used some Pebbles and Fancy Pants on this layout.
Here is my lift:

 
My background consists of mists, inks and wet embossing. Here is a close up:

 
Thanks for stopping by and sharing your day with me.

2 comments :

  1. What a gorgeous tribute to your friend. I hope creating your layout was a bit therapeutic for you. Beautiful job Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a wonderful tribute page to Ron!!! the photos look great on the LO!!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and greatly appreciate them! Thank you for stopping by!