Thursday, June 20, 2013

MME June Sketch

Tammi  likes to post scrapbooking companies monthly blog sketches up on the message board at My Scraps & More and when I saw this one for My Minds Eye, I feel in love and had to go check it out on the My Minds Eye blog. I played with it right away this morning and came up with this:

 
I used The Sweetest Thing line by My Mind's Eye. I whitewashed part of the background with Gesso mixed with water to tone it down a little, added some distressed ink splashes, added some patterned papers, fussy cut the small chevron arrows from a piece of patterned paper from the 6x6 paper pad, used the cut off piece (orange with white polka dots and turquoise stripes) from the bottom of the paper and made a banner out of it on the right side of my photo I fussy cut the flower and leaves out of patterned paper and popped those up. I then added the butterfly stickers and stitched those in place and left the trail of thread a wadded it up on my layout. I also added some arrow washi tape. Here are a few close-ups:




 
Here is their fun sketch:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

4 comments :

  1. soooo pretty!!!! super cute page and love the paint in the background!!! gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout! So pretty! She looks just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful layout Lisa; love the different mediums and the way you altered the photos!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and greatly appreciate them! Thank you for stopping by!