Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Inspiration Elevator: A New Beginning


You may recall that the purpose of this challenge group is to take our scrapbooking to the next level, to stretch our creative process and to grow as artists by embracing challenges that make us think, work and grow. You can view all of the challenges on my blog by clicking here or check our our new Inspiration Elevator Blog, here.

This month, our challenge comes from the talented Laura Whitaker. Laura's challenge, in her own words, is as follows:

"As we welcome spring, scrap something to do with a new beginning, it could be an opportunity, a relationship, or even the world's reawakening after it's long winter's nap. Don't forget to journal and describe why you have chosen your topic."

 We would also like to welcome our May Guest Designer, Denise Morrison. Her arsty, eclectic style inspires her followers to see how "Life is Yummy" at her blog!

 I hope you will stop by and see what our designers on this adventure have created:


Lisa Spiegel
Joanne Burton
Christa Uttley
Guest Designer, Denise Morrison

It has been a very long winter here, so I decided when I saw my crocuses come up that I definitely had to scrap them! It was the first sign of spring, a new beginning to the start of warmer weather, which by the way, I couldn't wait for!

I have been trying to use up some of my stash and decided to use the Echo Park Springtime collection. I drew and hand cut my sun, fussy cut some clouds and the tree, punched some butterflies and added flowers, all signs of spring.

 
Here are a few close-ups:




Thanks for stopping by and sharing your day with me!

Now off you go to the talented Laurel Seabrook's Blog

14 comments :

  1. So pretty, great colour combo! It as been a looong winter, so glad it is over and you have something lovely to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, great colour combo! It as been a looong winter, so glad it is over and you have something lovely to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers, Lisa, that sun is so cool! Great detail shots and I like the little layered flowers.
    - Ann Jobes
    lovestnpaper.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous spring colours - and that sun!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are inspired! I love the hand drawn and cut sun and all your choices in paper and details really focus on your photo. I am jealous of your gorgeous crocuses. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous and I love all the layers you did with the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful spring page and LOVE the sun and all the stitching!!!! super cool

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very springy!! WTG on the stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous colors..beautiful stitching..layers...perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore the colors on this and can't believe you hand drew and hand cut the sun, it is perfect. Mine would look like a 2 year old did it!'
    I especially love that little cluster on the left.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE that sunburst detail!!!! Fantastic page! I've tried to get my machine stitching this straight- you did a fantastic job with this page.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely page! I love the color combination you used and all your great details!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and greatly appreciate them! Thank you for stopping by!