Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Down We Go! Inspiration Elevator Challenge

You may recall from last month's challenge that the purpose of this challenge group was to take our scrapbooking to the next level, to stretch our creative process and to grow as artists by embracing challenges that make us think, work and grow. 


This month was my turn to post the challenge.  I don't always take the "perfect" photo. In fact, sometimes, the imperfect is all you have to tell your story. This month I challenged us to use those imperfect photos to tell a story.

I was digging through some old 1980's photos the other day and realized how bad some of the pictures were, actually most of mine were back then. All we had for cameras then were the 110 film or Polaroid.  I  have been wanting to scrap them for along time, but because of the quality of them, I didn't.
Cameras have come a LONG way since then!

My pictures aren't from the 80's, although that was my intention, until I came across this one of Greg and the kids at Lambeau Field, home of the Green Bay Packers. They are from a 110 camera and are very dark. Being from a small town, this was the first time the kids saw an escalator and all they wanted to do was "ride" it! I am not sure how many times we went up and down?!

Here is my layout:


I used one of my favorite lines by October Afternoon, Sidewalks. It was perfect for these pics!

I have lots of pictures I haven't scrapped because they were/are poor quality pictures and I am sure you have pictures like that too. So let's dig out those blurry, bad pictures and tell the story behind them!  So my challenge to you this month is to use a bad photo and journal about it."

I hope you will stop by and see what the designers on this adventure have created:

Lisa Moen (You are here)

I invite you to play along with any of our challenges and add your comment below with a link, we would love to see what you have created.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great day!

14 comments :

  1. I love this, Lisa! One of my favorite paper collections too and adore all the layering and the wonderful banners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, this is gorgeous! I love the little guy holding the pennant. It is a great design that tells this super story. Your layers are perfect. It really reflects your style perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I love all the interweaving of the pennants and horizontal strips, and that washi tape! Terrific layout and thank you for a challenge that made lemonade out of lemons!
    - Ann Jobes
    www.lovestnpaper.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous layout!!! I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable page!! You worked that line! Your design is so outstanding I don't even notice the blurry photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful layout, of course you have to scrap this fun moment! Thank you for this challenge it truly helped me tell a story that needed documenting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you captured this memory and were able to save it like this! The page is gorgeous and I'm sure your kids will always remember the first time they rode the escalator!

    ReplyDelete
  8. really fun escalator story.. great memory even if the photos aren't what they are today... that tells part of the story in itself with the old photos from camera back then... great page with fun details

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful page and LOVE the story!!! my kids still LOVE the escalators when we go to the mall!!! LOVE the OA line too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty Lisa! I am a fan of October Afternoon too. Love what you did with it. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had one of those 110 cameras too! It was my first camera! :) Love the details on this - the washi tape, popped circles, diecuts... Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lisa, the picture is perfect and I think we all have those photo's and wonder why did we take them. I agree just scrap them and highlight them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh - I love October Afternoon and your photos work perfectly with this collection! I love all your layering and all the little details :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lisa, great story and beautiful layout! Love all the layers!
    I came from Lisa Spiegel's blog and now I realize that I just saw your layouts on My Scraps and More. :)
    I was inspired by the challenge to scrap my own "not perfect" photos.
    http://mayadahan.blogspot.com/2012/08/inspiration-elevator.html

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and greatly appreciate them! Thank you for stopping by!